2. Torres is a world champion; he will rediscover his form in the Euros. Golden boot. But Spain plays final striker-less.
3. One day, without warning, Fernando turned up on the pitch without his hair. Accidentally read the story of Samson backwards
4. Pleas from the fans, the manager implores him to score. An open goal beseeches him. The chances goes begging.
5. It was just one season, his confidence will grow and surely he will score. He will be the striker we need. Wait, this story isn't about Torres. Repeat after me: Lu-Ka-Ku.
6. £50 million plus the same again in wages, in this economy? Pocket change for Roman.
7. It's a numbers game. 1, 11, 16: Chelsea's number 9.
8. Three seasons, three different managers, numerous boot changes. It's just a small confidence problem.
9. World class players show up in the big games. To the surprise of many, Torres scores to help beat Barcelona.