Congratulations to Real Madrid's Iker Casillas who today broke a team record for most minutes played without conceding a goal. Casillas actually broke the record of 658 minutes in the second half and finished when the clean sheet to extend his new record to nearly 685 minutes. That's over 11 hours...11 hours and 25 minutes to be exact.
11 hours is a long time and it got me thinking about all the things you could do with 1that amount of free time. So of course we decided to make a list.
- Watch Lawrence of Arabia three times
- Fly from Los Angeles to Tokyo
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven 88 times
- Travel approximately 1/7th of the distance between the Earth and the Moon
- Watch at least three NFL games
- Watch a one-day international cricket match...with three hours to spare
- Finish all three extended editions of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, that would take you 726 minutes.
- Drive across Texas, east to west along I-10, from Orange, TX to El Paso, TX. That would take you at least 12 and half hours.
That's some pretty amazing stuff, but there's something even more crazy about this record that blows everything else out of the water. During those 685 minutes of play, Casillas had been called up to make 12 saves.
12 SAVES. THAT'S ALL.