A club like FC Barcelona are typically linked to a ton of players before every transfer window. This summer is bit different though, thanks to the fact the Blaugrana have a new head coach, and an expressed desire to overhaul their roster. Thanks to those factors, the rumors have been turned up to 11, just like Spinal Tap's amplifiers.
So let us take a look at some of the rumors swirling around Barca, their potential new additions, and possible subtractions, during the upcoming transfer window.
- German newspaper Bild and Italian journalist Gianluca di Marzio are reporting that Sevilla's Ivan Rakitic will join Barca in a deal worth €15 to €20 million. There are also rumors that a player will be going the other way as part of the deal, possibly Denis Suarez, Ibrahim Afellay or Cristian Tello.
- A report in El Mercurio claims that goalkeeper Claudio Bravo has told Chilean teammates that he will be joining Barca after the World Cup. This moves makes sense considering the departure of Victor Valdés and José Manuel Pinto, and the signing of talented, but young, German keeper Marc-André ter Stegen. Bravo would be a capable and experienced backup.
- Cesc Fàbregas has been linked with moves to Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea. It feels as if this has occurred during every transfer window since Cesc made the move to Barca, but perhaps this time it's for real?
- Several outlets have been claiming that Barca and PSG were close to a deal that would bring central defender Marquinhos to the Camp Nou. There were even rumors of a deal that involved both cash and Dani Alves going to the French champions.
- Spanish site Sport is reporting that Barca have agreed to personal terms with Borussia Dortmund striker Marco Reus. The Blaugrana are apparently going to offer BVB €35 million to convince the German club to make the sale.
- Turkish paper Milliyet claims that Barca are considering activating Arda Turan's €41 million buyout clause to get the winger away from Atlético Madrid.
- Mundo Deportivo cites Bild in claiming that Bayern Munich striker Thomas Müller is a Barcelona target this summer. The report says it would take €45m to get Müller away from the German champions.
- Atléti attacker Koke is also believed to be a Barca target, but his €60 million release clause could prove problematic for the club.
As always, a final reminder that these are all rumors.