The seeds have been placed into the 2011 U.S. Open Men's Singles draw, leading to the following potential quarterfinal match-ups (in draw order):
- No. 1 Novak Djokovic (Serbia) vs. No. 7 Gael Monfils (France)
- No. 3 Roger Federer (Switzerland) vs. No. 8 Mardy Fish (United States)
- No. 6 Robin Soderling (Sweden) vs. No. 4 Andy Murray (United Kingdom)
- No. 5 David Ferrer (Spain) vs. No. 2 Rafael Nadal (Spain)
Other points of interest in the draw:
- Andy Roddick, who has fallen all the way to the No. 21 seed, landed in David Ferrer's eighth of the draw. The first seed Roddick would face is No. 10 Nicolas Almagro in the third round, not a bad draw considering Almagro's strong preference for clay over hard courts. Roddick faces fellow American Michael Russell in the first round.
- Andy Murray has a potential fourth round clash with No. 14 Stan Wawrinka, who knocked Murray out of the U.S. Open in the third round last year.
- 2009 U.S. Open champion and No. 18 seed Juan Martin del Potro draws No. 12 Gilles Simon in the third round, and a match-up with either No. 6 Robin Soderling or No. 28 John Isner in the fourth.
The full draw can be found here.
Follow SB Nation's storystream for the 2011 U.S. Open for continuing coverage of the year's final Grand Slam.