Novak Djokovic advanced to the semifinals of the 2012 Australian Open in Day 10 of competition by defeating No. 5 David Ferrer in straight sets. According to CNN, Djokovic was dealing with a leg injury during the match and also having difficulty breathing in Melbourne's heat. Following his win over Ferrer, tennis analyst Jim Courier interviewed Djokovic about the breathing troubles, but phrased it in the stupidest way you can think of. No, stupider than whatever you're thinking of right now. To his credit, Djokovic answered the question with the appropriate amount of condescension.
Djokovic is apparently not only the top-ranked tennis player in the world, but also No. 1 in giving tennis crowds deep belly-laughs! Watch him work that crowd!
Courier's set of questions to the semifinals winners is rumored to include scintillating inquiries such as:
- How does that headband stay on?
- How do you get your arms and legs to move at the same time like that?
- Do you think the racquet helped you hit the ball more effectively?
- oh man what do you call that thing where plants get their energy from the sun
- What does that alligator on your shirt mean?
Check out SB Nation's tennis hub for all your 2012 Australian Open news.