A week after Peyton Manning returned to Indianapolis and faced a top pick from the 2012 draft in Andrew Luck, Mike Shanahan makes his return to Denver -- and Manning once again faces a top draft pick from 2012, Robert Griffin III. Will RGIII put up enough offense to keep this close, or will the Redskins defense prove too inept? The Uffsides crew preview the game and make their picks against the spread.
Mike Shanahan is making his triumphant return to Denver with a decimated secondary in tow. Starting safeties Brandon Meriweather and Reed Doughty are suspended and questionable with a concussion, respectively, against Peyton Manning and the best receiving corps in the league.
So yeah, the Uffsides crew is expecting a lot of pain for Shanahan and Co., but 12.5 points is still a lot to cover.
• The Notebook: Monte Kiffin's revenge | Blogging the Boys
• Chicago's 1-2 punch of pain | Windy City Gridiron
• David Roth: Live from 'The Peyton Hillis game'
• NFL Power Rankings: We have a new No. 1
• Football Father: A first-hand account of the effects of head trauma