- The White Sox are playing pretty well but attendance could be better. South Side Sox has some ideas for how to get more butts in the seats.
- New to sabermetrics but want to get your feet wet a bit? DRaysBay explains defense-independent pitching.
- The Astros had a first half of the season that was remarkable only for its utter lousiness. But there had to be some decent players there, right? The Crawfish Boxes looks at the best 'Stros players so far this year.
- The Mets exceeded expectations in the pre-All-Star-break season. Amazin' Avenue hands out report cards to the pitching staff.
- A look at loyalty versus rationality in the Detroit Red Wings organization.
- The Hurricanes will retire Rod Brind'Amour's number in February.
- Raw Charge examines Simon Gagne-to-Tampa rumors.
- Anchor of Gold has thoughts on the retirement of Vanderbilt head coach Bobby Johnson, the "antithesis of the tereotypical college head coach."
- Team Speed Kills takes a look at Johnson's legacy.
- Brett Favre would've played for the Lions, yes, the Lions, to get back at the Packers.
- Saints do well at ESPYs, Canal Street Chronicles says that event was the farewell to the 2009 championship season.
- The worst mistakes in 49ers history, from Niners Nation.
- Turf Show Times floats the idea of the Rams signing T.O.