clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Michican Race Day Weather Forecast: Threat of Rain Decreases

Conditions in Brooklyn, MI:
Click here for Current Weather ConditionsLook at Doppler Radar | Mobile Friendly Site | Mobile Radar

The threat of rain is remains in the forecast for later this afternoon but it has dramatically decreased. It will remain hot and humid today, skies will be partly to mostly cloudy at times and temperatures in the upper 80s to near 90. With all the moisture in the air, and a weak front moving through we could see the development of an isolated shower or storm this afternoon but it appears that the support for any major development and wide spread activity has diminished.

It looks like the race will start and should run to completion. I will leave the mention of an isolated shower or storm  in the forecast because it is still possible with the passing front but the probability is lower and if we get a shower or storm it could be later in the afternoon. Overall, I think we get this race in, but let me caution that the radar will still need to be monitored through the course of the afternoon.

SUNDAY
  1:00 p.m EDT – Sprint Carfax 400 – Variably cloudy, isolated shower or storm late afternoon - temp: 85

Please follow me on Twitter @NASCAR_WXMAN for the latest Weather updates during the race.