We have 274 fantastic sports blogs in SB Nation, so in case you didn't have a chance to read them all today we've collected the best stuff right here. Get sports smart in no time fast!
- The Cubs, out of a pennant race, traded first baseman Derrek Lee to the Braves. According to Bleed Cubbie Blue, they lost. Again.
- On the other side of that coin, Talking Chop thinks the Braves would definitely improve themselves with a Derrek Lee acquisition.
- Over The Monster takes a look at the contractual situation of the Boston Red Sox.
- Wally Backman could very well be the next manager of the Mets. Amazin' Avenue thinks this is a bad idea.
- Silver Screen and Roll looks at the greatest Lakers of all time based on uniform numbers (because other stats like points and rebounds are boring).
- At the Hive wonders if former Phoenix Suns energy man Lou Amundson could be a fit in New Orleans.
- The Dream Shake takes a preseason look at the Rockets point guards.
- Pension Plan Puppets has a complex and colo(u)rful look at Toronto's goal output.
- Dinner with Shawn Thornton could mean the end of a Bruins career, says Stanley Cup of Chowder.
- The Cannon looks at why conditioning is so important.
- Mountain West Connection breaks down the rumor/report about BYU going independent in football and to the WAC in all other sports.
- Taking an early look at Penn State's September 11 game with Alabama, Black Shoe Diaries looks for, and finds, chinks in the Tide's armor.
- Charger tackle Marcus McNeil wants big money, Bolts From The Blue examines whether the team can afford him.
- Mile High Report is sick of the Broncos bashing and comes out swinging, they even love them some Kyle Orton.
- Gang Green Nation suggests three teams that will regress in 2010. Hint: none of them are the Jets.
- The Phinsider takes on Dolphins fans who have CLS (Chicken Little Syndrome).