"If I could compare my skills to something, I'd be something like the Northern Lights ... an enigma."
The "In The Zone" series continues this week with Dhani Jones visiting Baltimore, where he meets with Brendon Ayanbadejo, starting linebacker for the Ravens. Joined by some of his teammates, Ayanbadejo spends a day at Stoneleigh Elementary School at Carver, in Towson, Maryland, where he speaks to kids about the importance of physical education.
in second half of the video, Ayanbadejo speaks about marriage equality, and why he has made it a personal fight for years. Maryland recently became the first state to approve equal marriage rights by popular referendum.
"It's a Civil Rights Issue. It's a human rights issue. It's not 'gay rights' -- It's just equal rights," says Ayanbadejo. "It's something that's really going to change the course of history in the United States."
More episodes of "In The Zone" with Dhani Jones:
- The good, bad and ugly of Glascott's
- Taking a ride in the Fanbulance
- Dane Sanzenbacher interview
- Andrew Hawkins' long road to the NFL
- The Bengal Bomb Squad
- Encouraging kids with Bengals' Vincent Rey
- Mark Herzlich's amazing journey
- Steve Weatherford, a punter who makes his own luck
- "In the Zone" goes to the barbershop
- The firefighter turned NFL lineman
- The Ultimate Eagles Fan
- At the heart of Philly sports
- Hard work with Randall Cobb
- At the Green Bay Curling Club
- Sister Mary and St. Vince
- Tailgating in Green Bay
Follow @InTheZone | Facebook