The 2012 London Olympics are nearing a conclusion with the second-to-last day of competition scheduled for Saturday.
Saturday will be a huge day in track & field with eight gold medals up for grabs. The men's and women's 4x100m relays headline the action with the men's 5000m, women's 800m, men's javelin, women's high jump, women's 20km walk and men's 50km walk the other event finals.
Beyond the track & field events, the women's gold medal basketball game and the women's gold medal volleyball match are two notable events among the day's action. The United States women's basketball team is favored to win the gold, which would be their fifth straight Olympic gold medal.
NBC's primetime coverage will include the track & field finals, men's diving and women's volleyball. A number of other events can be watched via an online stream at NBCOlympics.com.
To catch them and the rest of the action, here are some highlights from the day's television schedule (all times Eastern):
4 a.m. - 6 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Men's 50KM Walk (4 a.m.)
- Taekwondo: Qualifying (8 a.m.)
- Men's Soccer: Gold Medal Match (10 a.m.)
- Track & Field: Women's 20KM Walk (Noon)
- Women's Handball: Gold Medal Match (5:30 p.m.)
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (MSNBC)
- Modern Pentathlon: Men's Fencing and Swimming (10 a.m.), Men's Riding and Combined (1:45 p.m.)
- Men's Field Hockey: Bronze Medal Match (10:30 a.m.), Gold Medal Match (3 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: Bronze Medal Game (Noon)
- Taekwondo: Qualifying (Men's +80 kg and Women's +67 kg 2:15 p.m.)
10 a.m. - 6 p.m. (NBC)
- Canoe/Kayak: Gold Medal Finals (Men's kayak singles and doubles, canoe singles; Women's kayak singles. 10 a.m.)
- Women's Volleyball: Bronze Medal Match (11 a.m.)
- Rhythmic Gymnastics: Individual Gold Medal Final (1 p.m.)
- Cycling: Women's Mountain Bike (2 p.m.), Mountain Bike and Medal Ceremony (2:45 p.m.)
- Wrestling: Freestyle (60 kg, 84 kg, 120 kg classes 2:15 p.m.)
- Feature: "Their Finest Hour" (3 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: Gold Medal Game (4 p.m.)
3:30 - 6 p.m. (CNBC)
- Men's Boxing: Gold Medal Bouts (light flyweight, bantamweight, light welterweight, middleweight, and heavyweight classes)
8 p.m. - Midnight (NBC)
- Track & Field: Gold Medal Finals (Men's 4x100m relay, 5000m, javelin; Women's 4x400m relay, 800m, high jump)
- Men's Diving: Platform Gold Medal Final
- Women's Volleyball: Gold Medal Final
12:30 - 1:30 a.m. (NBC)
- Men's Wrestling: Freestyle Gold Medal Finals (60 kg, 84 kg and 120 kg classes)
For complete coverage of the 2012 London Olympics, visit SB Nation's Summer Olympics hub.