You love hockey. You love SB Nation. You love reading hockey at SB Nation. Search your feelings. You know these things are true. But life's too busy to browse the whole network for news. So we'll send hockey news to your inbox every morning. All you need to do is subscribe.
Lace 'em up. Time for the Morning Skate.
* * *
NOT GOING ANYWHERE (YET)
Steve Yzerman threw a bucket of cold water all over your Steven Stamkos trade rumors on Monday. The Tampa Bay Lightning general manager dramatically announced the team would not trade their captain before the NHL trade deadline on Feb. 29.
But he made no mention of Jonathan Drouin. So you can still let those rumors fly, Internet!
WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT:
- Yesterday we wrote the Red Wings were starting to make a run to the top of the Atlantic Division. Hours later, they played one of their worst games of the season. Whoops.
- Not to be outdone, the Calgary Flames gave up six goals to the Ducks. That seems like it happens every week, though.
- Stop me if you've heard this before: the Penguins squeezed a point out of the Panthers despite trailing for most of the game. You have heard it before because that's what happened last time they played each other.
- Nashville found a way to lose a thrilling game to the Stars in overtime.
- In case you were wondering, yes, the Blackhawks are a much better hockey team than the Maple Leafs.
- Just when you thought the Canadiens were turning a corner, they go and give up six goals to the Arizona Coyotes.
- With Mike Yeo finally out of the picture, the Minnesota Wild handed their new coach a shiny new win.
- Would Andrew Ladd be a good fit for the Dallas Stars?
- Lightning fans are losing faith in Yzerman.
- With Marian Hossa out with injury, the Blackhawks might need a trade to shore up their depth.
- The Bruins need to decide whether they're sellers or buyers.
- Evander Kane won't play tonight because he partied too hard at the NBA All-Star Game.
- Cam Atkinson met the dog named after him and it was SO ADORABLE.
- Jaromir Jagr celebrated his 44th birthday (!!) with an awesome cake.
- With the head coach fired, the microscope turns to the Minnesota Wild players.