We've avoided discussing Mike's beloved Wizards all season, but with their playoff dreams on life support (they are 2.5 games back of the No. 8 seed in the East as of this recording with only nine games to play), we figured now was the best time to dissect how a season with such high hopes fell flat. So, we dialed up two of the deans of the Wizards' blogosphere to go in-depth on Washington's frustrating season.
- Why has the Wizards' pace-and-space transformation been such a struggle?
- What is the future of head coach Randy Wittman and general manager Ernie Grunfeld?
- Assuming the Kevin Durant dream is dead, how do the Wizards refurbish their roster this summer?
- How much culpability does John Wall have for the Wizards' struggles?
- What should the Wizards do about the oft-injured Bradley Beal this summer? Do they have no choice but to re-give him a maximum contract?
A note: one topic discussed was the Wizards' poor free-throw shooting. Immediately after recording, Jake did some research on how that's affected the Wizards' season.