UFC 196 takes place tonight (Sat., March 5) inside MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, featuring a 170-pound trash-talking clash in the pay-per-view (PPV) main event between Featherweight champion, Conor McGregor, against former Lightweight title challenger, Nate Diaz.
McGregor was originally booked to battle Lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos for the 155-pound belt, but the Brazilian was forced to withdraw from the bout 10 days ago because of a broken foot suffered in training. Enter Diaz, a long-time UFC veteran who, like McGregor, is willing and able to compete in multiple weight classes. The heated matchup, which has been stoked all week thanks to intense promotional confrontations, is a non-title bout.
McGregor and Diaz -- two of the most talented trash-talking face punchers in the sport today -- will anchor the five-fight UFC 196 pay-per-view (PPV) main card that will start promptly at 10 p.m. ET. In addition to the mouth-watering main event, undefeated women's Bantamweight champion Holly Holm will attempt to defend her 135-pound title for the first time ever at the expense of Miesha Tate in the co-featured fight of the night.
To check out the complete UFC 196: "McGregor vs. Diaz" fight card and lineup, click here.
As is always the case, UFC will also deliver a complete "Prelims" undercard that features seven bouts, four of which will air on FOX Sports 1, beginning at 8 p.m. ET. The remaining trio is on its subscription-only online digital network, "Fight Pass," starting at 6:30 p.m.
Below are the numerous ways in which you can watch UFC 196: "McGregor vs. Diaz" tonight (all times ET):
- Fight Pass (Early "Prelims), starting at 6:30 p.m. (Exclusions: Brazil)
- FOX Sports 1 (Late "Prelims" on FOX Sports 1), starting at 8 p.m. (Exclusions: United States, Canada, Brazil, United Kingdom, Latin America, Barbados, Dominica, Haiti, Jamaica, Caribbean and the Middle East.)
- UFC.TV (PPV main card), starting at 10 p.m.
- YouTube (PPV main card), starting at 10 p.m. (United States, Canada, Australia, Philippines, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, Russia, Argentina and Mexico only.)
- FOX Sports 1 ("Prelims"), starting at 8 p.m. (Channel Finder)
- DirecTV and Dish (PPV main card), starting at 10 p.m.
- On your television (PPV main card), starting at 10 p.m. (contact your local cable provider)
Bar / Restaurant (Check your area here)
SB Nation combat sites will also cover the entire event in our live UFC 196: "McGregor vs. Diaz" threads here, here and here. Updates will begin with the first fight at 6:30 p.m. ET, and run right through the main event that will likely start sometime around midnight.
In the meantime, get up to speed on all things UFC 196, including previews, predictions, interviews, breakdowns, videos, analysis and so much more. Be sure to check out the most comprehensive collection of stories available anywhere for "McGregor vs. Diaz" right here.