UConn's women's basketball team needs a word stronger than "dominant" to describe them. They just win, throttling their opponents no matter who it is. On Tuesday, UConn won again, beating Syracuse 82-51 in the NCAA Championship Game after a nearly flawless tournament run.
Just seeing the final score doesn't do this incredible team justice. Here's the most ridiculous stats that came from Tuesday and from UConn's crazy run in general.
1. Their chances to win were better than 99 percent in the first quarter
2. They had the first 50-point half in a championship game in nearly 20 years
UConn: 2nd in tourney history w/ 50 in the 1st half of an NCAA champ gm - 1st to do so since Tennessee (55 in 1998) https://t.co/vm4n3VZYFj— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) April 6, 2016
3. To win $10 on UConn's win, you had to bet $700
Want to bet on UConn women winning national title straight up tonight? A $70 bet will win you A DOLLAR.— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) April 5, 2016
4. UConn's now won 122 of their last 123 games
UConn has won 121 of its last 122 games with every win coming by double digits.— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) April 5, 2016
Syracuse vs. UConn, 8:30 ET ESPN pic.twitter.com/2YMnBI9JO2
5. UConn trailed for one minute and 44 seconds this tournament
C'mon. That's insane.
6. How many women's teams have won four straight championships? None.
7. And this is 11 championships in UConn history
UConn women making 17th appearance in Final Four. They are 10-6 in the national semifinals pic.twitter.com/U4qUcSyEt6— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) April 3, 2016
What the Huskies are doing is historic and incredible and absurd all at once. Really, Maya Moore's reaction sums it up.