You love hockey. You love SB Nation. You love reading hockey at SB Nation. Search your feelings. You know these things are true. But life's too busy to browse the whole network for news. So, we'll send hockey news to your inbox every morning. All you need to do is subscribe.
Lace 'em up. Time for the Morning Skate.
* * *
HERE COME THE TRADES
Is it just me, or is this NHL draft week 10 times busier than in previous years? We're a handful of days out from the draft, and we've already seen plenty of pending free agents moved before July 1. Yesterday offered up four trades for our network to react to.
The Maple Leafs traded two draft picks to Anaheim for pending-RFA goalie Frederik Andersen, who they then signed to a five-year, $5 million-per contract.
- The Leafs sure are paying a lot of money to a guy who might just be an above-average netminder.
- Meanwhile, Ducks fans need to take a deep breath and understand why their team had to trade Andersen.
- It seems like a risk worth taking for the Panthers, especially if Yandle re-signs today (which sounds likely).
- I think the headline on Blueshirt Banter tells you everything you need to know about what Rangers fans are feeling right now.
MOCK DRAFT TIME
With the offseason upon us, our blogs are getting their annual mock draft underway. Follow every pick, every day, right here. The latest picks:
- The Stars choose a Russian prospect for the third straight year.
- Washington selects the steal of the first round.
- The Arizona Coyotes take the Fake Matthew Tkachuk.
- Everyone thinks the Ducks are going to move a defenseman today, but Anaheim Calling says there's a way to keep their blue line intact.
- Looks like the Canucks are letting Linden Vey go.
- Taylor Hall to the Islanders? The rumors are heating up again.
- Calgary seems like the most likely destination for Marc-Andre Fleury.
- Is Mika Zibanejad really untouchable in Ottawa?
- Finally, here's some Stamkos speculation.
* * *