Howdy friends. Pull up a stool, a stump, a stone or some other kind of sitting device and get your volume adjusted for this week's edition of the Onside Kick Family Hour. As usual, Stephen White and myself have a great show on tap for y'all, so get ready for some football talk with your old friends, no, your football family.
This week on the show we're talking ...
- Training camp is back and EVERYONE IS ON THE PUP LIST! What's the deal with this rash of injuries? Real or imagined?
- Conditioning tests suck. They're terrible and pointless, especially for football players.
- Mike Wallace was the victim of a conditioning fail and the Ravens made it really weird.
- The Jets re-signed Ryan Fitzpatrick. The whole scenario was dumb, and might not mean squat for them this season. They probably should've given Geno Smith a chance.
- RG3 has already won the Browns QB competition. So now what?
- Pete Carroll and Mike Zimmer both got contract extensions. Good moves! And a lot of teams are going to be mad they didn't hire Zimmer when they had a chance.
- A discussion of the Rooney Rule and coach hiring.
You can listen above, or you can subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, if that's your sort of thing.