You love hockey. You love SB Nation. You love reading hockey at SB Nation. Search your feelings. You know these things are true. But life's too busy to browse the whole network for news. So, we'll send hockey news to your inbox every morning. All you need to do is subscribe.
Lace 'em up. Time for the Morning Skate.
THE WORLD CUP HAS COME AND GONE
... and you’ll never believe who won! The young, inexperienced upstarts from Canada upset the Team Europe favorites with two stunning goals in the final minutes of the World Cup Final. Pundits across the world are comparing this to other notable upsets like Michael Phelps winning two gold medals at Rio or Alabama beating Kent State last week.
Could this be the signature moment this small hockey country needs to finally become a contender on the international stage? We can’t wait for the next World Cup of Hockey to find out.
SHAW-T CUT TO THE BENCH
Canadiens offseason prize Andrew Shaw is already suspended three games for a dangerous hit. The Canadiens are so tough to play against.
ELSEWHERE IN TRAINING CAMP LAND
- Maybe the Stars should just cancel preseason now.
- Cuts are already rolling in across the NHL training camp landscape. The Blues are just the latest.
- No Trouba? No ... uh, trouble, for the Jets in Minnesota.
- Nashville expects big things out of Weber this year. No, that is not a typo.
- Future NHL star (mark it down) Kyle Connor still has an outside chance at avoiding the first round of Jets cuts.
- Devils fans should be disappointed with the team’s loss to New York.
- Brandon Pirri is making roster decisions hard for the Rangers.
- The Jackets keep winning in overtime.
- An important young defenseman is back in Sabres camp without a contract. Elsewhere, Jets fans weep.
- It’s too early to figure out how the Atlantic will look at the end of the season. (But look for our predictions soon!)
"HEY, THE SEASON IS AROUND THE CORNER" CORNER
- What will Nick Bonino’s next contract in Pittsburgh look like?
- Kyle Quincey is now a Devil. Does that make New Jersey better?
- The Ivan Provorov era in Philly is almost upon us.
- So let’s say Tobias Rieder doesn’t sign with the Coyotes soon (or ever). Here’s how they replace him.
- Vancouver faces major questions this year.
A BIT OF HOUSEKEEPING
- Our Kings blog is looking for contributors!
- So is our Red Wings blog!
- And our Devils blog!
- And our Flyers blog!
- And our Sharks blog!
- And our Habs blog!
- And our Blackhawks blog!