Oh, look, it’s Joe Maddon giving a press conference.
Nothing unusual about that. Just a manager giving a press conference. Thanks for visiting SB Nation.
I mean, I suppose if you look at that picture closely, Joe Maddon looks like...
- Drew Carey if he grew up in Santa Monica.
- A divorced dad showing up to his ex-wife’s house to pick up his kids for the first time.
- A theater professor who wouldn’t get high with his students, but wouldn’t say anything when they smelled a little festive.
- Someone who saw American Beauty twice in the theaters.
- A guy who’s been to eight different SXSW, but is thinking about skipping the next one because, eh, you know.
- That guy who spoke in front of the whole school at your assembly about the mistakes he used to make.
- An elite Yelper who gets more “cool” votes for his reviews than “useful,” though it’s pretty close.
- The dean of Springfield University when Homer goes back to college.
- The guy sighing loudly behind me as I flip through records at a garage sale.
- The CEO of the company that created the Whosit app, which allows real-time virtual conversations between people in your selected buddy cloud.
- Your friend’s dad, who used to smoke a pack a day and quit in 1991, but wouldn’t mind bumming one right now, as long as you’re all bullshitting.
- Dale. From across the street. Hey, what’s up, Dale.*
* Note: Dale kind of bugs you
- The main character from Up if he were also Bono’s uncle.
- The old guy at the club.
Note that the Bono one was my favorite, but I stole it from Whitney McIntosh in Slack. There are more comparisons out there:
Congrats Joe Maddon on his new job as a Fallout quest giver pic.twitter.com/oahNLoAIms— Scary Chicken Puppet (@chicken__puppet) October 13, 2017
Joe Maddon looks like if a Soc became a Greaser to rebel against his parents pic.twitter.com/PZgRJJQrI5— Mina (@maddc8) October 13, 2017
Joe Maddon looks like a lot of things. A baseball manager isn’t one of them. But the good news is he gives us fodder. I love fodder.