Hi, hello, welcome to B Sides: Volume 3 of the 2017-18 NBA season. The Celtics are on a winning streak, the Cavaliers can’t win at all, and the Warriors are still the Warriors. But what about everything else that went on in this reality show we call the NBA?
I have nine beautiful new things for you to love this week, starting with someone engaging in an old-school pregame activity.
1. Klay Thompson still reads the newspaper, and he does it before each game
Yes, this particular picture above is an ad, but Klay honestly reads the paper before each game. Here it is in real life and very much not staged:
Klay Thompson is out here saving print all by himself.
2. Isaiah Thomas’ shirt game this week was extremely strong
Let me zoom in for you. Also, remember that Thomas is a free agent next summer and his beloved Celtics traded him away in part with that in mind.
Also, HATING HOURS.
We have IT on shirt watch now.
3. Kevin Durant’s pregame dancing is a treasure
Kevin Durant puts up the hood in his new Nike warm-up, and all bets are off. There was this during intros:
Then, after Stephen Curry hit a wild layup, there was the full extension of his 7’0 wingspan engaging in an interpretive dance.
Keep dancing, Kevin.
4. Giannis realizing hundreds of Greek fans are waiting for him
Listen, all these fans waited for Giannis Antetokounmpo after the game. They serenaded him, he signed a ton of autographs; even hugged some babies. But the best part was his face when he realized the crowd was for him:
You can watch the entire thing here. It’s perfect:
5. Kyle O’Quinn is the happiest guy in the NBA
Example 3: (I saved the best for last.)
6. A collection of J.J. Redick pictures from last week
J.J. “This is my favorite yoga pose” Redick.
J.J. “I just won the game for you, Philly, by hitting three three-pointers in crunch time” Redick
J.J. “I think I’m Michael Jordan now” Redick
And finally: J.J. “I got this arm sleeve of tattoos because I love Adam Levine” Redick
7. LeBron James making these kids so incredibly happy
I cry every time I watch this. Help.
8. Jimmy Butler fell out of a canoe and into extremely shallow water.
jimmy butler falling out of a canoe into one foot of water is better than i could have ever imagined pic.twitter.com/sKgQSU0uHW— Whitney Medworth (@its_whitney) November 8, 2017
9. My favorite James Harden photo of the week
OK, we’re at three James Harden photos in a row now, so this is officially a thing until I decide that it’s not.
See ya next week. Send your B Sides, please, and thank you.