Listen to SB Nation’s 2017-18 Nets preview.
The Nets are going to be bad again, but fans are oddly in a good mood. Why? The team at least has a plan and doesn't have to worry about winning right now.
We kicked off our 30-team 2017-18 NBA preview with a look at the Nets with SBNation.com NBA reporter Kristian Winfield and Nets Daily ace writer Anthony Puccio.
Topics on the docket:
- What's the mood of a fan base in a word? Why do Nets fans seem so happy when the team is so bad?
- Is D'Angelo Russell going to be a frontline player for this franchise for years to come? What has to happen this year for fans to believe that's going to happen?
- How will the Russell/Jeremy Lin combination work in the backcourt?
- Will the Nets miss Brook Lopez?
- What makes Nets fans most excited? Most nervous?
- We play an NBA version of Do/Marry/Kill called Max/Play/Trade with the following three players: Caris LeVert, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Isaiah Whitehead.
- A Nets fan friend has enough money to buy the jersey of one player on the current team. Who is it and why?
- Where do we realistically see the Nets in five years? Everyone seems happier, but have they accomplished much in the rebuild thus far? What gives fans confidence about Sean Marks and Kenny Atkinson?
- What's the Nets starting lineup in 2020?
- Who is on your Nets all-time banana boat? (i.e., the players you'd love to hang out most with on a vacation).
This podcast was part of the Limited Upside podcast’s 2017-18 offseason series previewing all 30 NBA teams with members of SB Nation’s team communities and other friends of the show. We’ve spent the last two-and-a-half months gauging the temperature of every fan base heading into what should be a terrific NBA season. There’s no better way to understand what makes NBA fans in each market tick.
We began these in August and counted down worst-to-first leading up to the season. Here’s how to listen to them all:
- Nets with Kristian Winfield and Nets Daily’s Anthony Puccio
- Lakers with Zito Madu and Silver Screen and Roll’s Anthony Irwin and Harrison Faigen
- Suns with Bright Side of the Sun’s Dave King and Evan Sidery
- 76ers with Tyler Tynes and Liberty Ballers’ Kyle Neubeck
- Knicks with Kristian Winfield and Posting and Toasting’s Seth Rosenthal
- Magic with Orlando Pinstriped Post’s Zach Oliver and Cory Hutson
- Kings with Kenny Carraway and Sactown Royalty’s Tony Xypteras
- Mavs with Tim Cato and Mavs Moneyball’s Kirk Henderson
- Wolves with Canis Hooups’ Eric Goldman and John Meyer
- Pelicans with The Bird Writes’ Oleh Kosel and Travis Tate
- Hornets with James Dator and At the Hive’s Nicklaus Denning
- Pistons with John Ketchum, Kofie Yeboah and Detroit Bad Boys’ Lazarus Jackson
- Nuggets with Denver Stiffs’ Adam Mares
- Heat with Kelly Cohen and Hot Hot Hoops’ Surya Fernandez
- Bulls with Ricky O’Donnell and Blog a Bull’s Jason Patt
- Pacers with Whitney Medworth and Indy Cornrows’ Caitlin Cooper
- Blazers with Blazers Edge’s Brian Freeman and Peter Sampson
- Bucks with Kevin McCauley and Brew Hoop’s Mitchell Maurer
- Hawks with Harry Lyles Jr. and Peachtree Hoops’ Brad Rowland
- Grizzlies with Grizzly Bear Blues’ Joe Mullinax
- Thunder with Eddie Maisonet and Welcome to Loud City’s Joshua Broom
- Thunder addendum! Carmelo Anthony trade emergency pod with Eddie Maisonet
- Wizards with Sports Illustrated’s Andrew Sharp and Bullets Forever’s Michael Sykes
- Jazz with SLC Dunk’s Mychal Lowman and James Hansen.
- Raptors with Raptors HQ’s Daniel Reynolds and freelance writer Seerat Sohi
- Cavaliers with Fear the Sword’s Chris Manning and MMA Fighting’s Eric Jackman
- Clippers with Clips Nation’s Lucas Hann and former L.A. video coordinator Mo Dakhil
- Celtics with Paul Flannery and Celtics Blog’s Nick Gelso
- Rockets with The Dream Shake’s Ethan Rothstein and Jeremy Brener
- Spurs with Pounding the Rock’s J.R. Wilco and Bruno Passos
- Warriors with Golden State of Mind’s Bram Kincheloe