Listen to our Denver Nuggets preview here.
The Nuggets have one of the league's most fun stars, an up-and-coming roster, and now a marquee free agent who chose them. It's a fun time to jump aboard the bandwagon. (You listening, Denver? Get involved!)
We're joined by Adam Mares of Denver Stiffs and the Locked on Nuggets podcast to preview one of the NBA's League Pass darlings. Among the topics discussed:
- Why doesn't Denver get excited about the Nuggets?
- Adam gets to gloat about Nikola Jokic because he was an early adopter.
- The Kevin Love trade that never happened, plus the addition of Paul Millsap.
- Rotation questions! Who starts at point guard? Do they have enough wing players? What's the deal with Mason Plumlee? Is this the year Kenneth Faried finally gets traded?
- Offensively, the Nuggets were awesome last season. Defensively ... not so much. Will that change this year?
- We spend more time gushing about Jokic because you can never do that too much.
- What's the best Nuggets team ever?
- Why Adam believes a different result in the 2009 West Finals does nothing to change Carmelo Anthony's final days in Denver.
- What does the franchise need to do to get fans more excited about this team? We go down a long road talking about the past, the present, and the future, with a look at the city of Denver sprinkled in.
- Adam gets caught off guard by our customary banana boat question, which leads us down a long tangent.
- Predictions, best/worst case scenarios, and much more.
Not convinced about Jokic? Let this video help!
This podcast was part of the Limited Upside podcast’s 2017-18 offseason series previewing all 30 NBA teams with members of SB Nation’s team communities and other friends of the show. We’ve spent the last two-and-a-half months gauging the temperature of every fan base heading into what should be a terrific NBA season. There’s no better way to understand what makes NBA fans in each market tick.
We began these in August and counted down worst-to-first leading up to the season. Here’s how to listen to them all:
- Nets with Kristian Winfield and Nets Daily’s Anthony Puccio
- Lakers with Zito Madu and Silver Screen and Roll’s Anthony Irwin and Harrison Faigen
- Suns with Bright Side of the Sun’s Dave King and Evan Sidery
- 76ers with Tyler Tynes and Liberty Ballers’ Kyle Neubeck
- Knicks with Kristian Winfield and Posting and Toasting’s Seth Rosenthal
- Magic with Orlando Pinstriped Post’s Zach Oliver and Cory Hutson
- Kings with Kenny Carraway and Sactown Royalty’s Tony Xypteras
- Mavs with Tim Cato and Mavs Moneyball’s Kirk Henderson
- Wolves with Canis Hooups’ Eric Goldman and John Meyer
- Pelicans with The Bird Writes’ Oleh Kosel and Travis Tate
- Hornets with James Dator and At the Hive’s Nicklaus Denning
- Pistons with John Ketchum, Kofie Yeboah and Detroit Bad Boys’ Lazarus Jackson
- Nuggets with Denver Stiffs’ Adam Mares
- Heat with Kelly Cohen and Hot Hot Hoops’ Surya Fernandez
- Bulls with Ricky O’Donnell and Blog a Bull’s Jason Patt
- Pacers with Whitney Medworth and Indy Cornrows’ Caitlin Cooper
- Blazers with Blazers Edge’s Brian Freeman and Peter Sampson
- Bucks with Kevin McCauley and Brew Hoop’s Mitchell Maurer
- Hawks with Harry Lyles Jr. and Peachtree Hoops’ Brad Rowland
- Grizzlies with Grizzly Bear Blues’ Joe Mullinax
- Thunder with Eddie Maisonet and Welcome to Loud City’s Joshua Broom
- Thunder addendum! Carmelo Anthony trade emergency pod with Eddie Maisonet
- Wizards with Sports Illustrated’s Andrew Sharp and Bullets Forever’s Michael Sykes
- Jazz with SLC Dunk’s Mychal Lowman and James Hansen.
- Raptors with Raptors HQ’s Daniel Reynolds and freelance writer Seerat Sohi
- Cavaliers with Fear the Sword’s Chris Manning and MMA Fighting’s Eric Jackman
- Clippers with Clips Nation’s Lucas Hann and former L.A. video coordinator Mo Dakhil
- Celtics with Paul Flannery and Celtics Blog’s Nick Gelso
- Rockets with The Dream Shake’s Ethan Rothstein and Jeremy Brener
- Spurs with Pounding the Rock’s J.R. Wilco and Bruno Passos
- Warriors with Golden State of Mind’s Bram Kincheloe