Texas A&M recruiting was in trouble even before a social media debacle that involved anywhere between nine and 14 stars' worth of recruits heading elsewhere, depending on how you assess the damage. Let's sweep our eyes across the fallout.
Where's five-star QB Tate Martell going now?
- Ohio State is now the favorite to land the country's No. 1 dual-threat QB. Bout time something went right for OSU.
- However, Cal has a local advantage and strong connection: A&M's former OC. (Especially relevant since Martell's dad said A&M's new OC contributed to the decommit.) Plus, it can show off the No. 1 QB in the NFL Draft and the country's top-rated freshman wide receiver.
What about Martell's five-star WR brother?
- The most interesting one: Oregon lost a four-star QB commit shortly before Martell left A&M. The ex-Ducks commit recommended UO to Martell and Martell's De'Anthony Thomas-like five-star WR associate, Tyjon Lindsey, who's yet to commit.
- The two are officially brothers and have long maintained they want to play together in college.
- (But Ohio State is also the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for Lindsey.)
"To be honest, I think we'll both end up at SC because Tyjon really likes USC, too," Martell said in April 2015.
Oh right, A&M had a second big decommit after Martell.
- LSU is the favorite to land the other blue-chip who decommitted from A&M, a wide receiver named Mannie Netherly ...
- ... but Texas is also in the mix. Based on past and current rivalries, those are assuredly the two worst possible destinations for A&M.
- This is all good news for everybody else in Texas. See the state's top three recruits laughing at the plight of the Aggies for an example of why.
- Purdue fans hope this means we're one step closer to Kevin Sumlin coaching his alma mater. (Purdue, ICYMI.)
- A&M fans, please enjoy this collection of happy things committing to your university. You deserve it.
Ranking Big 12 expansion candidates by THEY ARE ALL PERFECTLY OK JUST ADD TWO OF THEM AND SHUT UP ABOUT IT
(Ranking those candidates by on-field performance alone makes BYU the top choice.)
Let's think about why TCU seems to be part of Texas' small No Expansion Coalition.
College! Football! Relegation! How the country's conferences would look after 2015 and after a decade-long simulation, neither of which is good for Kansas at all.
Bill C team of the day: Houston, and give this a read before you make UH your runaway non-power favorite.
I love that Ole Miss responded to a weekend of NCAA hysteria by adding a four-star JUCO to its 2016 class.
Texas Tech's thin trenches got thinner as a group of players is booted.
Now that satellite camps are legal legal, schools are going entirely all in. Four Power 5 schools that came out against camps are said to be joining dozens of smaller schools for "the Mega Camp."
BAHOGMAS. Bret Bielema says Arkansas satellite camps could hit the islands, and he's gotta be joking, but let us dream.
Let's watch Florida's kicker drill a 64-yard field goal. Let's watch it 64 times.
Meet the five-star basketball recruit with a load of impressive Power 5 football offers.
The Cardinals want Robert Nkemdiche to play some offense. I mean, they better.
Here's the footage of Jim Harbaugh dabbing after pelting a tee ball homer that you requested.
Want more college football all the time? Let's be friends on Facebook, @SBNationCFB, and Instagram. Also, sign up for our college football recruiting newsletter by Bud Elliott.