It's easy to see why Cincinnati's Butch Jones is a hot coaching target. He took Central Michigan to four of its six all-time bowl bids before quite possibly winning 10 games in back-to-back years at Cincy.
According to reports far and near (here's one from Cincinnati.com), Jones will make a decision Tuesday whether he'll stay at Cincinnati or leave for Colorado or Purdue (though there's one report that Purdue's out). He's visited the latter two over the past two days, with both trips chronicled by the West Lafayette side and the Boulder side.
Without further ado, here's what each open FBS coaching job looks like, according to the first page of Google Images (click the arrows, you see):
- Arkansas They have perpetual fall foliage.
- Auburn They have pizza.
- Boston College They have an ocean.
- Cal They have a tower.
- Cincinnati They have a bridge.
- Colorado OMG
- NIU DeKalb is in Egypt.
- Purdue They have a Los Pollos Hermanos.
- USF They have reflections.
- Southern Miss They have beach battles.
- Tennessee They have Sauron.
- UTEP They have wisdom.
- WMU Even their hotels have hotels.
Both sides have plenty to offer. Big Ten money surpasses the money any other conference can offer, and the Boilermakers also don't have this athletic department. Plus, Jones is a midwest guy, having lived in the region all of his readily documented life.
But he should probably just go by Google Images.