The Tennessee Volunteers will be two men lighter as they continue into SEC play as wide receiver/kick returner Vincent Dallas and offensive lineman Alan Posey have both left the team, according to the AP.
According to the Knoxville News Sentinel, Butch Jones confirmed the players' departure and said the two would remain enrolled at Tennessee. The program gave no reason for the sudden move, but a local radio host said the two just plain quit the team.
UT's WR Vincent Dallas and OL Alan Posey walked off practice field Tuesday and no longer on team. Dallas to graduate + play elsehwere as sr.— Jimmy Hyams (@JimmyHyams) October 11, 2013
Dallas, a junior, had switched between defensive back and wideout during his career at Tennessee and returned 13 kicks this season. Posey, a sophomore, saw spot duty in three games for the Vols.
Tennessee is on a bye week this week and faces South Carolina next Saturday.
More from SB Nation college football:
Follow @SBNationCFBFollow @SBNRecruiting
• Your full Week 7 TV schedule guide
• Up-to-the-minute college football scoreboard
• Stats say Florida’s better than LSU
• Jon Bois’ history of the Red River Shootout
• Has Washington closed the gap with Oregon?
• College football Twitter has fun with Hokies-Vols NASCAR game