After a shaky first five weeks of college football picks, Week 6 was quite good for me, and Week 7 was even better, and I'm now 70-59 (54.3 percent, +$701). Let's get to the wagers. For up-to-date odds information, visit OddsShark.
I really do not like this week's card all that much.
As usual, I'll discuss my wagers in the marquee games, and will answer questions in the comments section.
- Florida State and Clemson are both strong teams and are better known for their respective offenses, but in watching both teams play, I think both can do some things defensively that could cause the other some trouble, and I look for a game played in the fifties.
- USC is still capable of playing excellent defense, and I like the under here because I don't think Notre Dame can shred them like Arizona State did.
- I think UCLA's run defense is a bit underrated and really like Stanford's defense against UCLA's spread offense.
- Florida's defense is still elite, Missouri doesn't have its QB, and I expect Florida to play its typical conservative football.
- I laid off Baylor last weekend, and they did not cover. But I think they will crush Iowa State at home. Iowa State's secondary is pretty poor.
- LSU can really score this year, and the Rebels are missing several top defenders. Look for Ole Miss to score because of pace, but for LSU to score more because of efficiency.
- Washington has played two incredibly tough games in as many weeks (Stanford and Oregon), and I have to wonder how much they have in the tank heading to the desert to face Arizona State.
- Texas Tech is undefeated. But now it must go on the road for the first true road test (Kansas does not count). West Virginia plays better defense than some realize.