A 5-5 week brings my season record to 120-111 (52 percent, +$197). Yuck. 55 percent is the goal and the line at which a nice profit is made, and I'll need a big run to get back to that mark. There's always bowl season. Visit OddsShark.com for trends throughout the week.
Because of the smallish card for championship weekend, I'll discuss all of the games.
- The wind chill in Oklahoma for Bedlam is going to be in the single digits. Oklahoma State plays very good defense, and I think this one will stay under the number.
- I think Missouri can hang with Auburn because of its receivers and Auburn's corners. I am worried about Missouri's defense, which I think matches up better with a traditional offense than it does the spread option. I remember the Arkansas State game against Missouri, and the Tigers did not do well against Arkansas State's spread-option attack. I think this one will be a shootout.
- It might rain in Charlotte, but I do think Florida State will overwhelm Duke. Duke has a different attack this year, but FSU has been very good against the read-option-type attacks this year.
- I'm stealing the UL Lafayette pick from my good buddy Todd Furhman. He thinks the loss of Cajuns quarterback Terrance Broadway won't be as big as some believe.
- Bowling Green plays very good defense, and I think Northern Illinois' high ranking creates value.
- Memphis is much improved this season, and I'm not sure UConn is much of a hostile environment. It should be a high school atmosphere.
- Utah State isn't the team it was with Chuckie Keeton, but it still plays excellent defense, and Fresno State is in a major letdown spot after losing its chance at a BCS game last weekend against San Jose State.
Your turn. Which numbers are you looking at this weekend?