Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy eventually lifted some of the transfer restrictions placed on quarterback Wes Lunt, according to an interview Lunt gave with Illinois radio station Channel 1450. Lunt announced his transfer to Illinois on Monday, picking the Illini over Louisville.
It's unclear which of the 37 transfer restrictions Gundy lifted, but it doesn't seem like it mattered. His final two of Louisville and Illinois weren't blocked in the first place. However, his decisions may have played out differently if he was allowed free rein to talk to other schools.
Lunt struggled with injuries in 2012, starting only five games and throwing six touchdowns and seven interceptions during that span. He'll have to sit out the 2013 season, but will have a good shot at taking over as starting quarterback in 2014.
More from SB Nation:
Follow @SBNationCFB Follow @SBNRecruiting
• It’s okay, Johnny Manziel. All college towns are BS
• 2013 bowl projections: Bama-Oregon and 34 other games
• What can the Nebraska dynasty teach us about the SEC?
• The Devil went to Tennessee: what’s Nick Saban doing here?
• National recruiting coverage