122-104 Overall (54 percent) | Week 10
Having action on tons of games is fun. Making money is fun. Doing both so far this year.
1. ULL +3 at South Alabama: This is a play on turnover luck, as few schools nationally have had worse fortunes with turnovers than the Ragin' Cajuns.
2. Michigan -13 at Indiana: Indiana is not physical enough to stop Michigan's rushing attack.
3. Maryland +16 at Michigan State: Maryland has some horrible turnover luck, and Michigan State could have a hangover from its loss to Nebraska that should eliminate the Spartans from the playoff hunt.
4. Arkansas +8 at LSU: Could LSU have a hangover game after its crushing defeat at Alabama?
5. Washington +3 at Arizona State: I find value in getting the full field goal.
6. San Jose State +1.5 at Nevada: Nevada didn't play all that well against Fresno State, and I think San Jose State is a better team.
7. Virginia +14 at Louisville: Louisville's offense is not consistent enough to lay double digits to another ACC team. Virginia is sneaky average.
8. Wyoming +24.5 at San Diego State: San Diego State is a strong defensive team, but 24.5 is too much.
9. Tulsa at Cincinnati -17: Cincinnati's offense is humming and should be able to put away Tulsa.
10. Texas San Antonio at Charlotte +5.5: The home crowd won't be great, but my numbers say to grab anything more than four points here.
11. UMass at Eastern Michigan +7: Why is UMass laying a touchdown to anyone on the road?
12. Temple at USF +3.5: USF plays strong defense, and Temple is an overrated squad.
13. Kentucky at Vanderbilt -3: Kentucky seems to be a mess, and Vanderbilt's defense is the only decent thing on the field in this SEC clunker.
14. Georgia State at Texas State -3: I don't think Georgia State can keep up with Texas State's offense.
15. Washington State at UCLA -10: UCLA has a good pass defense and a bad rush defense, which is fine because the Cougars don't run.
16. Texas at West Virginia -8.5: The Mountaineers should be able to shut down the Texas run game, and the Longhorns have been horrible on the road.
17. Miami at North Carolina -12: North Carolina has the best offensive line in the ACC, and Miami has one of the league's lesser defensive lines.
18. Southern Miss at Rice +7.5: Taking the points in a shootout.
19. Oklahoma State at Iowa State +14.5: Oklahoma State will never be higher rated in the eyes of the gambling public than after last week's upset of TCU.
20. Arkansas at LSU Over 53.5: Arkansas' offense is a lot better than its defense, and LSU still has Leonard Fournette. A 34-30 final would not surprise me.
21. Oregon at Stanford Over 69: Oregon's offense is humming once again, and Stanford's offense is strong.
22. Kansas State at Texas Tech Over 71.5: Texas Tech does not stop anyone, and Kansas State can run the ball a bit. Harder to control pace on the road due to crowd and momentum, suggesting this will be played at the Red Raider's pace.
23. Tulsa at Cincinnati Over 76.5: Cincinnati and Tulsa are a lot better on offense than defense.
24. Southern Miss at Rice Over 61: I expect this to be a shootout.
25. Kentucky at Vanderbilt Under 40.5: Kentucky's offense is sneaky bad, and we know Vanderbilt's offense is trash.
26. Purdue at Northwestern Under 49: Northwestern's defense is the reason for the under wager.
27. Minnesota at Iowa Under 46: Minnesota's offense doesn't have it together and this should be played at a reduced pace.
28. Akron at Miami (OH) Under 42: Unders in MAC games are always scary but both defenses are better than the opposing offenses.