104-94 Overall (53 percent) | Week 9
1. Arkansas State +11 at Appalachian State: I am not convinced that Appalachian State's offense is good enough to lay this much.
2. Baylor at Kansas State +17: I have a lot of faith in Jarrett Stidham, but it is his first road start against a defense that will try to deny the big play.
3. Buffalo at Kent State +3: I do not trust Buffalo to lay a field goal on the road.
4, Ball State at Western Michigan -14: This is a turnover luck play. Ball State has been lucky on the year and Western Michigan has been unlucky.
5. Nevada at Fresno State +4.5: This Fresno State team is not very good, but neither is Nevada, and I'll take the home dog.
6.Temple at SMU +14: The Owls are off a crushing loss in which they had a shot to defeat Notre Dame. This is a prime hangover spot.
7. BYU at San Jose State +14: BYU is a better team than San Jose State, but it does have an SEC game on deck with next week's trip to Missouri.
8. Rice -7 at UTEP: Laying this many points on the road has me concerned, but UTEP might be the worst team in college football despite its three wins.
9. Florida Atlantic +24.5 at Western Kentucky: Western Kentucky's defense is pretty terrible and the Owls may have a chance to backdoor this.
10. Vanderbilt +21 at Florida: Florida is coming off a major hangover game and this contest could be ugly with stormy weather.
11. Charlotte +18.5 at FIU: I don't think FIU is good enough to lay over two touchdowns here.
12. Cincinnati +8.5 at Houston: Cincinnati has had bad turnover luck this year and Houston has had strong turnover luck. Houston is also a somewhat public pick now as a sexy team thanks to coach Tom Herman.
13. NC State -4 at Boston College: BC's offense is just so bad and Jacoby Brissett is a good QB.
14. Arizona at USC -19: The Trojans have a lot more talent and Arizona is a mess.
15. UCLA -17 at Oregon State: UCLA has a lot more talent than Oregon State and there is no look-ahead situation here, with Washington State on deck.
16. LSU at Alabama Under
59 48: I expect Alabama to be able to control Leonard Fournette and for LSU to be able to control Derrick Henry.
17. Duke at North Carolina -7.5: The Tar Heels got two extra days to prep for this game, and Duke's offense is pretty awful.
18. Texas Tech at West Virginia -7.5: The Mountaineers played Thursday and have extra time to prep, while Texas Tech had a grueling loss to Oklahoma State. Playing in the Big XII is tough, but the Red Raider defense is horrible.
19. Syracuse at Louisville -13.5: Syracuse really is a poor team and Louisville continues to be underrated.
20. New Mexico State at Texas State -16: The Bobcats can score enough to get this done.
21. Kansas at Texas -28: Texas is toast against teams that can stop the run. Kansas is the exact opposite of that.
22. Florida State at Clemson -11.5: Florida State is the least healthy it has been all season, and that is not a sound recipe going into Clemson.
23. Utah at Washington -1: Utah continues to be an extremely overrated team and Washington has a strong defense.
24. Wisconsin at Maryland +12.5: Maryland has had the worst turnover luck in the nation by a mile; maybe that changes this weekend.
25. Louisiana Monroe at Troy -9: Troy has really hit its stride this year and Monroe simply cannot score.
26. Arkansas at Ole Miss -10.5: I don't want to lay 10.5, but Arkansas has given no indication that it can score with Ole Miss, and its defense is not what it was in 2014.
27. Minnesota at Ohio State -23: Minnesota's passing game is horrid and Ohio State stops the run well. This is also a nasty hangover game for Minnesota after the debacle against Michigan.
28. Michigan State at Nebraska +5: Michigan State is overrated due to its undefeated record. If Sparty's record matched its performance, this game would be closer to a point or two favorite.