TODAY IN DIDDY. Yes, this space's primary concern remains the Bad Boy mogul's legal matter after his run-in with UCLA's strength coach. Here are the new things:
- Justin Combs, Diddy's son, took to Instagram to thank his pops for support. (Support meaning, wielding a kettlebell because your child had a dispute with his strength coach? Fatherhood is complicated.)
- Former Bruins coach Rick Neuheisel, the guy who recruited the Combs family, says Justin probably wouldn't have a UCLA scholarship in the first place if not for his father's fame. Seems fine to me. He also says Diddy was not aware of Neuheisel's identity during Justin's visit. That's ole Candid Rick for you.
- Nolan Carroll, the NFL player once tripped by Diddy's adversary during a game, tweeted, "Someone told me @iamdiddy has my back [cry laugh emoji cry laugh emoji thumbs up emoji]."
- Spencer Hall takes a victory lap for college football, the only sport stupid enough for "the guy who spent most of the 1990s muttering 'that's right' and 'yeah' behind Mase and B.I.G. rapping over recycled disco beats going apeshit and becoming the Chopper Dave of all helicopter parents" to be just one portion of an offseason story.
- It bears repeating, Sean. Never. Fight. A. Strength. Coach.
Bobby created Louisville in his own image. Petrino's Cardinals are now fully his in two ways: they are very good at winning, and they change a lot every year.
Ohio State's got the most proven group *ever*. But we looked at 12 other lists of QBs all on the same team -- like 1982 Miami's Jim Kelly, Vinny Testaverde, Bernie Kosar, and Mark Richt -- just to make sure.
What's FSU's best player do at midnight in June? Try to find someone to let him into the practice facility. #IDGT
"Arizona State tackle suspended following BB gun incident." Sure, I'll click on that.
SEC coaches will be furious! Michigan landed a commit from a mysterious Quebec prospect.
Dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life. Syracuse hoops coach Jim Boeheim has scoffed as hard as he can at many things in his time, the complete list of which now includes the notion of football coach Scott Shafer being on the hot seat.
Should SEC stadiums start selling beer? That feels like the background for a Mad Max movie or Fallout game, so absolutely.
READ THIS. Sarah Kogod on Dexter Manley, the man who couldn't be stopped by cocaine, a brain cyst, illiteracy, and football itself.
Kicker cocaine arrest! That's bad, Clemson.
SB Nation presents: The craziness of Jim Harbaugh since he took over at Michigan