Coastal Carolina is jumping from FCS to the Sun Belt, SB Nation's Steven Godfrey reports. You know, the team with the teal field and the Wall Street guy as head coach. The SBC's made no secret of its desire to get to 12 teams and host a conference title game, and now it's got a chance to do that in a couple years.
Interviewing Gary Pinkel. Rock M Nation had a great sit down with the Mizzou head coach.
The Solid Verbal, the world's greatest and longest-running college football podcast, is joining SB Nation. Squad.
WOO PIG. I don't have a team to root for, so I jump from school to school. Why Arkansas is my new temporary home.
ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS BAIL? UCLA's Ishmael Adams, named the Pac-12's top DB by Pacific Takes, is facing that after an alleged campus robbery.
You know what depth charts mean? FOOTBALL IS NEAR. Depth chart lightning round:
- Les Miles is alive (and named Brandon Harris his QB).
- Everett Golson is officially Jameis Winston's replacement.
- UVA transfer Greyson Lambert will take the first snaps for Georgia, but the competition isn't over.*
- Alabama literally lists five names as its possible starting QB. Check for yours!
- There are 24 freshmen on the two-ish deep for Texas.
- #SWAGALERT: Chad Kelly, nephew of Jim and Clemson transfer and definitely the country's most something player, starts for Ole Miss.
- Michigan's starting QB battle is still down to two.
- Vernon Adams isn't Oregon's only high-profile transfer; he'll be taking snaps from another.
- Oklahoma's new base defense: five defensive backs? Makes sense in the Big 12.
- At Wisconsin, the main storylines are the next guys up after the few established skill names.
- Mizzou is looking young. Not Texas young, but young.
There are 128 FBS teams, and you should be excited about each of them, plus others, Rodger Sherman explains.
If you want to stare at Jim Harbaugh for four hours, there will be a camera devoted just to him during Michigan-Utah, weirdo.
Hey, it's game week, ICYMI. Land-Grant Holy Land talks Ohio State fans off the ledge, our Notre Dame and Texas sites Q&A their matchup, Vanquish The Foe explains Nebraska to BYU fans, and oh my goodness huddle up with your team's blog ASAP.
According to computer scientist Jon Bois, people are showing more interest in college football Saturday than they were before.
EASY CALL BACK. The Internet's favorite food-and-football series returns this afternoon, but first! Highlights from our man Dan's brutal 2014 season, in which his picks started bad and then got worse. The food remained very pretty, though.