PAPN is officially one year old! We celebrate our anniversary by a) not realizing it’s our anniversary until the show’s been recorded (you will hear no mention of it), and b) talking about the following topics instead:
- Screaming down Hampton Inn hallways.
- Cord cutting: It can be done! Sort of!
- West Point: Gorgeous.
- A dreary, dreadful (but still football!) Week 1 Thursday night slate.
- IMPORTANT: Our attempt to raise money for Baton Rouge and Democracy Prep has a GoFundMe page. Give $5, please! Or more! Or lots more!
- Week 1 picks and interesting questions: Is Kentucky about to bomb? Or is the passing game going to bail Mark Stoops out? And just how many things could go wrong in Florida State-Ole Miss?
- The Chicken Bet, the Speed Smash, picking the field in the Heisman race, and other big, bold, semi-realistic predictions from one Steven Godfrey.
- College football games are not three hours long. Stop sticking them in three-hour time slots.
- LET’S LOOK AT CAL-HAWAII FROM EVERY ANGLE. LET’S WRING THIS DAMN BOX SCORE DRY (pdf).
- Clemson at Auburn: underrated potential for wonkiness.
- Your weekly reminder: Some $4 million coach is going to finish last in the SEC West. Fans of SEC West schools love when we bring that up.
And just because,