The Florida State Seminoles, at this point, are simply trying to get out of a bad season. They have an incredibly tough matchup against the Clemson Tigers on Saturday, and it’s hard to imagine things will improve. The game will begin at 3:30 p.m. ET and will be broadcast by ESPN (live streaming via WatchESPN).
Since losing Deondre Francois to injury in the season opener, the Seminoles have put up a 3-5 record. They have been competitive in their losses, losing three of the five by six points or fewer, but a loss is still a loss.
Florida State is coming off a win over Syracuse, but prior to that, it suffered two consecutive losses. It has four games remaining, and its final three are not against nationally ranked opponents, so it could finish at .500 if things go right, but its chances of beating Clemson are extremely low.
Clemson is 8-1 and still recovering from a terrible game against Syracuse a coupe weeks back. The Tigers have wins over four nationally ranked teams, and none of their remaining three opponents are ranked, so they have a good shot at finishing 11-1.
They can’t overlook Florida State, though. They are heavily favored, as they have been most of the season, but again, the Seminoles have fought to some very close games thus far. Anything can happen on Saturday.
Below, you can find all the viewing information for Saturday’s game, as well as odds, news, predictions and more.
Time, TV channel, and streaming info
- Time: 3:30 p.m. ET
- Location: Memorial Stadium, Clemson, S.C.
- TV: ESPN
- Streaming: WatchESPN
- Odds: Clemson opened as 18-point favorites
Florida State vs. Clemson:
- Florida State is getting healthier, with running back Jacques Patrick and wide receiver Keith Gavin set to play after previously being on the injury report.
- It’s been a lost season for the Seminoles, but the team is building for the future and there is reason for optimism, at least according to the folks at Tomahawk Nation.
- Over at Shakin’ The Southland, the Clemson fans are optimistic about a win — as they should be — but they do note that the Florida State defense is still scary.
It goes without saying Bryant will have to be much sharper than he was against NC State and bring the same presence on the ground which elevated both his game and the entire offense with it in the 2nd half. This will be a war of attrition between two strong defenses, but Clemson’s match-ups are more favorable.
Florida State vs. Clemson prediction:
Clemson is simply the better football team from top to bottom. Florida State has the talent to hang, but it should only win if the Tigers stumble. Clemson should win Saturday’s game, and handily.