We did two shows this week! And this one had a guest!
First, Kevin Kelley, head coach of Little Rock’s Pulaski Academy, joined to talk about the urge to do different things (like never punting), winning a whole hell of a lot, getting better at football without getting better at football, the difference between read-based and progression-based passing games, and (swoon) hatred of the fade route.
Then, MAILBAG TIME (~38:00):
- What’s in store for SDSU’s post-Rocky Long future (new stadiums, new hires, new identity)?
- Where does OU’s home atmosphere rank among that of other powers?
- Does Paul Johnson retire or just move down to a lower level when he’s done at Georgia Tech?
- Is Kirby a Georgia lifer?
- Is the Big Ten Network about to be the Pac-12 Network?
- How to measure a coach’s confidence in his kicker.
- Can a head coach (like Cincinnati’s Luke Fickell) undergo a total youth movement without losing the locker room or hurting recruiting?
- Lane Kiffin is awfully happy in Boca, and Bobby Petrino’s window for moving up beyond Louisville is probably closed.
- First G5 team to win a national title?
- Which current coaches will be in the same job in 10 years? (Other than Kirk Ferentz.)