Actually, Kyler Murray is tall. In fact, he’s officially 5’10.125, per his measurement at the NFL Combine. That means he is taller than actors who have played athletes in the movies, such as Adam Sandler, Jamie Foxx, and Tom Cruise.
The controversy with Murray’s height really took off after his final college season when he decided he wanted to play football instead of baseball and OU defended his measurement publicity. He ended up measuring in slightly taller than what they had him listed at. And his height also doesn’t really affect his QB play in the way you might think.
Keep hearing TV talking heads question the 5-10 height at which we list Kyler. Have heard a couple even say they think he's more like 5-8. Before the season, our strength staff measured him at 5-9 7/8 in socks.— Mike Houck (@mhouckOU) January 14, 2019
That 5’10.125 number makes him also taller than some Avengers, or at least the actors who play them: Tony Stark (but not Iron Man because the suit is 6’5), Ant Man (the ant-size version, duh), Black Widow, Bruce Banner (but not the Hulk) and maybe Spider-man. He’s also taller than Thor’s bae Jane Foster.
He’s also got a leg up on Pokemon like Charizard, Articuno, and of course Pikachu. And also Harry Potter, as well as every hobbit.
He’s taller than basically every rapper who has ever had the name Lil’ except for Yachty and Romeo. Those include:
Lil’ Wayne, Pump, Baby, Uzi Vert, Kim, B, Boosie Badazz, Bow Wow, Dicky, Duval, Jon (unclear about the Eastside Boyz), Scrappy, Xan.
On the flipside, he’s taller than a few rappers with Big in their names including: Big Pun, Big L, Big Boi, and Big Sean.
Murray’s official measurements prove him taller than some other great musicians: Dolly Parton, Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, Prince, Cardi B, Paul Simon, Bruno Mars, and Michael Jackson, many of whom have played Super Bowls. If Bruno Mars can make multiple Super Bowls, surely Murray can as well, right?
More things Kyler Murray is taller than:
The average adult American male is 5’9.5, according to data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention between 2007 and 2010. Averages vary by racial and ethnic groups. For example, the average adult non-Hispanic white male is 5’9.8 and the average adult non-Hispanic black male is 5’9.5. The average height of adult Hispanic males is 5’7.1. Among adult Mexican American males — who are also included in the category of Hispanic — the average height is 5’6.9.
- The height requirements for every ride at Disney. Also the height requirements for most of the characters you’d see at Disney World.
- The actual greatest football player from the state of Oklahoma.
- The other short quarterback he’s gonna be compared to a lot.
- And perhaps the greatest soccer player who has ever lived.
- Dunk contest legends:
- And the current WWE champion.
- He’s taller than everyone in my Twitter mentions thought he was.
5’9” is probably pretty generous tbh. pic.twitter.com/iBp8mozQGD— Chris the Notorious D.A.D. *Dab* (@ATL_Sooby) February 15, 2019
Tua is listed at 6’1”, so he is probably 6’ at best, this photo makes Murray look like 5’6” or 5’7”— Eric (@rcwhlr) February 15, 2019
- Tech luminaries Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, and he’s at least as tall as Bill Gates. He’s not taller than the late Steve Jobs, who stood at 6’2.
- Murray’s certainly taller than this guy:
I met my boyfriend David on Tinder five months ago, and it was a match made in heaven. He’s compassionate, attractive, and a bombshell in bed. Recently, at our physical, I learned something. David is 5 feet, 8 inches tall. On his Tinder profile, he lists himself as 6 feet. On our first date, I asked him [if he is] really 6 feet. He got agitated and said yes.
I feel lied to and betrayed—why is he so insecure about his height? He takes so much pride in being tall. Always bragging to our friends and acquaintances, commenting how he won’t fit in that car, asking if I need help getting something off the top shelf. When the doctor read off his height I thought I saw his eyes start to swell up. Now he’s attempting to stick his height into every conversation. I have been afraid to bring it up, but this is really bugging me. I see marriage in our future, as we’re both almost 40—but this needs to be settled first.
- Murray is taller than notable historical figures like Genghis Khan, and basically every person in the bible not named Goliath, whose height did not serve him well at all.
- He’s taller than all of these former U.S. presidents: Jimmy Carter, Millard Fillmore, Harry S. Truman, Rutherford B. Hayes, William Henry Harrison, James K. Polk, Zachary Taylor, Ulysses S. Grant, John Quincy Adams, John Adams, William McKinley, Martin Van Buren, Benjamin Harrison, James Madison.
Many of those presidents died before their terms were up, but so did Abraham Lincoln ... the tallest president. Also, measuring in at 9 4/8’, his hands are significantly bigger than President Donald Trump’s.
It is a credit to Oklahoma’s strength staff that Murray was able to gain that last 2/8 of an inch over the last few months. College strength programs have truly come a long way in enhancing human performance. Now, Murray can officially play quarterback in the NFL. Had he been measured under 5’10, he’d have been ruled ineligible to play by Roger Goodell.