We've reached the most crucial stage for any fantasy owner's season. It's time to pick a name for your team.
Creativity is key to deciding on a team name. A lot of owners tend to regurgitate the same, generic name every year. While it's fine to go this route, don't be afraid to step out with something fresh and original.
Whether you want to create a witty name or one everyone thinks is hilarious, surely there's one out there for you. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when naming your team, along with some suggestions you can use.
Tips for naming your team
- Don't just use your name and throw in "team" with it. For example, I'm not going with "Alex's Team" in any league ever. It's lazy.
- Change it up. Some owners will just keep the same name year after year. Where's the fun in that?
- If you're using a player's name, make sure he's on your team. "Somewhere Over Dwayne Bowe" better have Dwayne Bowe on the roster. Defensive players get a pass if it's not IDP.
- Old references get old. I've seen "Ron Mexico" more times than I'd like to remember. There should be a current story or two you can poke fun at.
These are in no particular order. A few have become popular this season. Others might be simple, but they work. Again, feel free to be creative and invent your own team name.
- Carlos Danger
- Boston Tebow Party
- Luck Dynasty
- I'm Thinkin RBs
- The Brady Bunch
- Kaep'n Crunch, Bust a Kaep
- Suit and T.Y.
- Stafford Infection
- Stacy's Mom (Zac Stacy, you could add to this)
- Is That Your Final Ansah
- Breesy Like Sunday Morning
- Hernandez's Pistol Offense
- Cruz Control
- There are plenty of names including Forte, shouldn't be hard to come up with one
Browse the Internet if you're struggling to come up with a name. This list encompasses just a few popular choices for 2013. The key is to have fun with it. You can go laugh-out-loud funny, you can go with clever and subtle, or you can figure out some combination. It doesn't have to always be football specific, but it can add to the fun. This is a game after all, so why not have fun with it?