Phil Mickelson is one of the favorites to win the PGA Championship and he may indeed pull it off ... assuming he can find the first tee.
He was set to begin his first round on Thursday, the only problem is he didn't know how to get to the first tee after leaving the practice area. He ended up asking one of the tournament workers, who pointed him in the right direction.
This, just a day after he nearly forgot to register for the tournament. Fresh off his win at the British Open, Mickelson appears as relaxed as he's ever been. He's been spotted wearing flip flops around Oak Hill while carrying the Claret Jug in a backpack.
We can confirm the directions worked as Mickelson teed off and began his round.
More golf from SB Nation:
• Predictions for Tiger and Phil at the season's final major
• A course guide to historic Oak Hill
• After Tiger and Phil, who's next in USA Golf? | Phil wants Tiger on Sunday
• Crazed autograph seekers scare away Tiger
• Tiger Woods and an impossible standard
• GIFS Casual Phil and his backpack full of Claret Jug | The best Tiger birdie celebration