Geno: "I counted down instead of up" when it came to calculating East Coast vs West Coast time.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) October 6, 2014
This was Geno Smith's response to why he missed a pre-game meeting before the Jets' loss to San Diego on Sunday.
We have a few questions.
- What precisely is counting "up" or "down" when it comes to time? For instance: If it's 11 a.m., do you consider 2 p.m. up or down of that? It's safe to say most people would count "down" when they arrive in San Diego from New York, so you were on time.
- Did your cellphone not auto-adjust to West Coast time in flight? They pretty much all do that.
- Back to this time thing. Let's assume you did count the wrong way. Wouldn't that make you six hours early for everything?
- Did you wake up at 2 a.m. local time and wonder why it was so dark?
- Do you think time is really a flat circle?
We'll hang up and listen.