Former Phillies Mitch Williams and Lenny Dykstra appeared on stage together at "Philly Sports Roast." The roast got a little too toasty, because these dudes genuinely despise one another.This will make your skin crawl:
In this video, you'll find:
- Williams suggesting Dykstra was mad he gave up the famous walk-off home run to Joe Carter because it meant Dykstra wouldn't win 1993 World Series MVP.
- Williams challenging Dykstra to a competitive MLB rules quiz.
- Dykstra insisting he took more drugs to cope with Williams.
- Dykstra saying going to prison was like a "fantasy camp" compared to playing with Williams.
- Williams standing up as if he's gonna fight Dykstra (he doesn't), followed by a spectator walking up to the podium to suggest they just "go outside." Dykstra tells him to shut up.
- Williams responding to Dykstra's mockery about his failures by referencing Dykstra's extensive criminal history.
Old, drunk, grumpy and pitted against your worst enemy on stage is a dazzling combination.
(via Big League Stew, where you'll find some of the history behind this animosity)