LeBron James’ self alley-oop in Game 4 was one of the defining moments of the NBA Finals so far. J.R. Smith was asked about it in a post-game interview and had a curious way to describe it.
JR in LeBron's self alley-oop: 'He's a Gatorade baby. He was made in a lab somewhere.' pic.twitter.com/41CEC3Trfx— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) June 10, 2017
This raises one very important question: What is a Gatorade baby?
- Is it a very well hydrated baby who is destined for greatness?
- A baby who is never raised on milk and instead Gatorade?
- A baby only fed Gatorade baby food (which Amazon thinks is a thing)?
- A baby who grew up watching Gatorade ads as its only means of entertainment?
- A baby grown in a vat of Gatorade by scientists?
The mind races.