Not everyone knows a lot about sports, and that’s OK! I, for instance, don’t know very much (fine, anything) about being a cobbler, but no one gets upset with me for that.
But even when you come to terms with that, watching these three Jeopardy! contestants not even attempt to answer a single football question is so infuriating even Alex Trebek couldn’t take it.
By now, I’m sure you’ve grabbed two solid handfuls of your own hair, but please feel free to let go and keep scrolling.
Because as frustrating as this video is, it’s also, like, the best possible minute of Jeopardy!
1. They waited till they had tried EVERY SINGLE OTHER CLUE to even attempt a football one
2. Every time they don’t answer a clue, we get to hear the delightfully disappointed “DO DO DO” sound effect.
It is the disappointed parent of game-show sound effects. It is literally the response: “...”. It is amazing.
3. Alex Trebek said, “I will dieeee” if they got the $1000 clue
4. Alex Trebek: “I can tell you guys are big football fans.”
Ryan: yeah... yeah...
5. TFW you know you’re screwed
And here’s a bonus: Jeopardy! clapped back with a little sports humor of its own... fire!
Honestly ... I might need an all-sports Jeopardy! with these guys — first one to $200 wins.