There was no change in the two NASCAR wild card spots at Sunday's race at Michigan International Speedway – Kasey Kahne and Ryan Newman are still in position to make the Chase.
But there's suddenly an interesting development in the Sprint Cup Series point standings: Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin are no longer sure bets to make the top 10.
Stewart is only 34 points ahead of Kahne (11th) and Hamlin is up by 33. Both drivers would still make the Chase as a wild card if they fell out due to their multiple victories, but they wouldn't get to use the bonus points once the playoffs begin.
As for the standings, Greg Biffle replaced Jimmie Johnson in the top spot after his win and Johnson tumbled three spots to fourth.
No one clinched a Chase spot on Sunday, but a bunch of drivers will likely do so at Bristol.
Here's a look at the top 10 (wild card standings at the bottom):
- Greg Biffle +129 inside top 10
- Matt Kenseth +109
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. +107
- Jimmie Johnson +101
- Brad Keselowski +82
- Martin Truex Jr. +69
- Clint Bowyer +63
- Kevin Harvick +44
- Tony Stewart +34
- Denny Hamlin +33
And here's how the wild card standings currently look:
- Kasey Kahne: Two wins
- Ryan Newman: One win
- Kyle Busch: One win, -11 points behind Newman
- Jeff Gordon: One win, -30 points behind Newman
- Marcos Ambrose: One win, -41 points behind Newman
- Joey Logano: One win, -80 points behind Newman
- Carl Edwards: Zero wins, needs one win to move into No. 2 wild card spot