Danica Patrick and Trace Adkins co-hosted the American Country Awards Tuesday night, and because the ceremony was held at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas the typical clichés were in play. Among them an opening bit where Patrick and Adkins were pulled over by a police officer who happened to be an Elvis Presley impersonator.
The most memorable moment, however, occurred when Patrick took to the stage wearing a Vegas showgirl costume and then performed a routine with other dancers. She even made a joke about how there was no chance of a wardrobe malfunction occurring.
Following a duet by Darius Rucker and Sheryl Crow, Patrick and Adkins swapped their customary outfits. Patrick donned cowboy boots and hat, while Adkins appeared alongside her wearing one of Patrick's driver suits. This segued into a short clip of Adkins unsuccessfully trying to wedge his large frame into a car.
Although the comedic elements often fell flat and missed their mark, overall Patrick handled herself reasonably well and committed no noticeable gaffes.
More from SB Nation:
• Tony Stewart confident he'll return for Daytona
• Mark Martin now eligible for NASCAR Hall of Fame
• NASCAR awards: Best driver, best and worst races and more
• The good times, hard life and shocking death of Dick Trickle
• How to drive sideways: The Amateur goes to rally car school