Ersan Ilyasova has been traded from the Philadelphia 76ers to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for Tiago Splitter and a second round pick, according to The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski. The 76ers will also have swap rights for a future Hawks’ second round pick, per USA Today.
Source: Atlanta's sending a 2017 second-round pick (via Miami) in the Sixers trade. Hawks/Sixers swapping other 2017 second-rounders.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) February 23, 2017
The trade is a minor one, as both players are on expiring deals. Splitter has played sparingly in a limited backup role this season, suiting up in 36 games while averaging 5.6 points and 3.3 rebounds. Ilyasova is a more impactful player, stretching the floor as a power forward and averaging 14.8 points on 44 percent shooting in 53 games in Philadelphia.
Clearly, Atlanta sees Ilyasova helping them in the playoff push for the small price of a couple second round picks. The Hawks are currently 32-24 and a half game back of the Raptors in the fourth seed.
Ilyasova has been on five teams since the summer of 2015 due to being traded so frequently.
- He was traded by the Bucks to the Pistons in June 11, 2015
- The Pistons dealt him to Orlando on Feb. 12, 2016
- On June 23, 2016, Ilyasova was part of the Serge Ibaka trade, ending up in Oklahoma City
- The Thunder sent him to Philadelphia just three games into the season on Nov. 1, 2016
- Now Ilyasova is going from the 76ers to the Hawks
For Ilyasova’s sake, let’s hope his frantic team hopping settles down.