Hey, so the Milwaukee Bucks are really good. Led by Giannis Antetokounmpo, they’ve cemented their spot in the postseason picture and will be a chic spoiler pick in the playoffs. Consider this an extended cut from last week’s Sunday Shootaround.
The Bucks are playing with house money at this point, but on the other end of the spectrum are the Golden State Warriors. Now that they’ve righted the ship and expect to get Kevin Durant back into the fold, it’s back to championship or bust for this crew.
So, why has this been so unfulfilling? It’s not like they haven’t faced adversity, but this Golden State season has not been the overwhelming experience we thought it would become way back in November.
We get into all that on this week’s Drive & Kick, plus:
- Gonz is a curse. Sorry, Portland.
- Giannis is a legit top-10 player this season.
- Get familiar with Khris Middleton. He’s awesome.
- Flanns thinks the Warriors have to win the title to validate their season. Gonz is willing to give them a pass if they drop a rubber match with LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Holy Andre Iguodala, by the way. Iggy’s been phenomenal during the stretch run.
- Pro tip: Don’t leave your whiteboard uncovered when signing a free agent.
- Poor Orlando.