Hello and welcome to the first B-Sides of 2018. It’s been only five days, but honestly it feels exactly like 2017. Isaiah Thomas returned this week, we got our first look at potential All-Star starters, and GERALD GREEN IS TEARING THINGS UP IN HOUSTON.
OK, maybe 2018 is better. Here is B-Sides!
1. These perfect photos of DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry
This was after DeMar DeRozan scored 52 points (his career-high), and I swear they’re the happiest photos I’ve ever seen. I don’t like saying “goals” but like, this is goals. Co-worker goals, even:
2. This photo of Steph Curry and the young fan in the back
The kid in the stands is matching his follow through, and my heart will never be the same:
3. Everything about this Evan Turner photo and caption
The overalls pun actually made me laugh. Evan Turner made me laugh. What a time:
4. Jayson Tatum wore a tuxedo to the arena on New Year’s Eve
You all know Kyle Kuzma is my favorite rookie, but Jayson Tatum is making a strong case here:
Tatum showed up to the game in a god damn motherfuckin Tuxedo pic.twitter.com/9c4YddX6JP— Lifelong Pelicans Fan Man 69☭ (@HebertofRiffs) December 31, 2017
5. And Victor Oladipo wore a Minions shirt on the exact same night.
The difference here is shocking:
6. Kevin Durant’s strange pregame dancing has a name
I have been informed that this is called “the chop” and it’s a Washington D.C. thing. I will still call it Kevin Durant being awkward, if that’s OK, with respect to all who do “the chop.”
7. Isaiah Thomas’ son stole his postgame interview
Isaiah being back means his sons are back, and for that I am thankful:
8. Kyrie Irving gave Aly Raisman his jersey
Kyrie may be a little different, but he has never faltered in his support for female athletes. Seeing Boston native, and personal favorite, Aly Raisman, get this jersey really made my day.
I hope Aly is still thinking about a return for the 2020 Olympics.
9. Rajon Rondo’s incredible hat
It’s freezing everywhere in North America, so I thought this hat was appropriate. Then I realized it appears to be warm wherever this photo was taken. Whatever. Stay you, Rondo:
10. I will have this Patrick Ewing video on repeat forever
OK, not technically the current NBA, but it’s Patrick Ewing so it counts. Ewing finally got his coaching job at Georgetown, and this video is honestly so great.
“HAVE YOU EVER SHOT THAT SHOT?!”
My favorite James Harden photo of the week
It was clearly going to be Steph Curry and James Harden looking longingly into each other’s eyes:
See ya next week, friends. Tweet me your B Sides, and I’ll include them in the next round.