Atlanta Falcons cornerback Desmond Trufant left in the first half against the New Orleans Saints on Thursday night due to a thigh injury. The team announced on its official Twitter account that he's questionable to return.
Trufant left the game early in the second quarter after suffering the injury to his thigh. It's unclear when exactly the injury was sustained, as he left the field outside of a regular defensive play.
The rookie cornerback has struggled to cover Saints wide receiver Marques Colston early in the game, but he's an important part of the Falcons secondary. The team can't afford to be without a key defensive back against one of the league's most potent offenses, and it's now on Robert McClain to cover Colston.
Atlanta and New Orleans are locked in a close game -- the Saints lead, 14-13, with just over two minutes remaining in the first half. Neither team has broken out offensively yet, setting up a fascinating conclusion.
More from SB Nation NFL
• Breaking Madden: The return of Tecmo Bo Jackson | More
• 2014 NFL mock draft: How high should Johnny Football go?
• Pay to play: Why we support public funding
• RG3 and why we can't have nice things
• Uffsides: Offbeat Week 12 NFL previews | NFL expert picks for Week 12