Nick Foles tied an NFL record today throwing seven touchdowns, which makes him the second player this season to reach the mark as Peyton Manning joined the group in week one. Seven touchdowns is impressive, but it's startling in context.
Foles joins George Blanda, Sid Luckman, Y.A. Tittle, Joe Kapp and Peyton Manning as the only quarterbacks to throw seven touchdowns in a game, but here are a few more things about seven touchdowns you didn't know.
- Seven touchdowns is more than Foles threw his entire rookie season (six starts)
- The Jacksonville Jaguars have scored seven total touchdowns in the 2013 season.
- Foles threw more touchdowns than the Oakland Raiders have in 2013.
- It took Tom Brady four games to throw seven touchdowns this season.
- Brian Hoyer has thrown seven touchdowns in his career.
The second-year quarterback did something only five players have done before and nobody did it as quickly as Foles. It's safe to say the quarterback controversy in Philadelphia is over now.