On Sunday afternoon, the Carolina Panthers will play host to the New York Jets at Bank of America Field.
Going into the contest the Panthers are favored by 12.5 points at home, according to Oddsshark.com.
Carolina sits at 9-4 and currently owns the No. 5 seed in the NFC playoff picture. Should the Panthers win two of their final three games, it would take the Arizona Cardinals winning all of their remaining games to keep Carolina out of the postseason. To win the NFC South, the Panthers would likely need to run the table.
New York is in a much more dire situation. The Jets kept their season alive last week, beating the Oakland Raiders. At 6-7, New York is a long-shot to earn a wild card berth but need to win out in order to have any chance.
This appears on paper to be a tough matchup for the Jets. Carolina's defense ranks first in the NFL in scoring while New York's offense comes in 31st in points.
More from SB Nation NFL
• Expert picks for Week 15 | NFL Power Rankings: Broncos back on top
• Breaking Madden: Tony Gonzalez, cranky old man of destruction
• Russell Wilson can't stop getting drafted by pro sports teams
• Ex-NFL defensive end Stephen White on Vereen, Volunteers and more
• PFT Commenter's Week 14 Awards are E.L.I.T.E.